Professional Summary – James Brown
Jim Brown is the owner/founder of PropertyDNAGroup and has more than twenty years of valuing and consulting experience across Western Canada appraising land, buildings and equipment. Jim has experience as a property assessor, commercial building inspections and reserve studies/depreciation reports. Jim and the team of specialist have provided both appraisal and consulting services to numerous businesses in different industries. We have prepared appraisal and consulting reports for numerous Assessment Appeal Boards, Alberta Infrastructure and Local and Provincial Boards.
- • Certificate in Commercial Building Inspection Course via Carson Dunlop Weldon & Associates Ltd
- • Achieved a CPPA Designation, Canadian Personal Property Appraisers Group.
- • AACI, P.App Designations, the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
- • Part of numerous boards, contributing to business and community development.
- • Completed ME201-000 – Machinery & Equipment Valuations – American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- • Commercial Building Inspection Course completed via Carson Dunlop Weldon & Associates Ltd.
- • Advanced courses in real estate negotiations, creative financing & property management
- • Business Administration Diploma, Appraisal & Assessment major, Lakeland College, AB.
- • Urban Land Economics Certificate, Lakeland College.
- • Business Management Program - Assiniboine Community College, MB.
- • Complete appraisals and building condition reports for commercial properties.
- • Conducting inspections and valuations of numerous industries including aquaculture and poultry hatcheries, dairies, cattle/horse operations, abattoirs, orchards, vineyards and wineries.
- • Valuing assets and leasehold improvements of numerous businesses.
- • Valuations on numerous specialized processing plants such as lumber mills, mines, oil and gas facilities.
- • Appraising development land, going-concern properties such as hotels/motels, car washes, restaurant, commercial/industrial warehousing, office and retail and right-a-way projects for government and lawyers.
- • Assisting clients with brokerage focusing on business entities and unique properties.
- • Residential and acreage appraisals.
- • Conducting reviews of Condo/Strata Documents for realtors, purchasers and law firms.
- • AACI, P.App and CPPA
Memberships and Affiliations
- • Appraisal Institute of Canada.
- • Canadian Personal Property Appraisal Group.
Professional Summary – JoAnn Rennick Brown
JoAnn commenced her role with Property DNA Group & Consulting Inc. in February, 2018. She has a BA Honours in International Studies and Political Studies from the University of Saskatchewan. She brings a wealth of knowledge to her role as Director, Operations and Strategic Planning. A hardworking and conscientious individual with a passion for project management and strategic planning.
Specialties: Strategic planning, project and event management, international relations, community/public relations and office management.
Professional Summary – Aaron Mullin, BSc, CRA, P.App
Aaron has been working as a real estate appraiser in Southern Alberta since 2015. During this period, he has completed over 700 appraisals and consultations. He was accredited with the Canadian Residential Appraisal (CRA) and Professional Appraiser (P.App) designations in 2017. Aaron has a well-rounded skillset from which to carry out his duties as a real estate service provider. His background includes research, technical writing, project management, and land surveying. These skills complement his real estate experience and education.
- • UBC Sauder School of Business (coursework leading to CRA)
- • CRA, P.App designations, Appraisal Institute of Canada
- • BSc Geography w/GIS concentration, University of Lethbridge
- • Currently working toward the AACI designation
Brandon Greenside, candidate member
Brandon commenced employment with Property DNA in 2017 and is currently working towards his Canadian Residential Appraisal (CRA) designation. A graduate of Western University, Brandon has been actively involved in appraisal work for the past three years in Alberta and Ontario. After moving to Lethbridge, he became a Licensed Candidate Real Estate Appraiser with the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA). Brandon will be pursuing his AACI designation (Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute) as he continues to gain experience in the Southern Alberta real estate industry.