Professional Summary – James Brown
Jim Brown is the owner/founder of PropertyDNAGroup and has more than twenty years of valuing and consulting experience across Western Canada appraising land, buildings and equipment. Jim has experience as a property assessor, commercial building inspections and reserve studies/depreciation reports. Jim and the team of specialist have provided both appraisal and consulting services to numerous businesses in different industries. We have prepared appraisal and consulting reports for numerous Assessment Appeal Boards, Alberta Infrastructure and Local and Provincial Boards.
- • Certificate in Commercial Building Inspection Course via Carson Dunlop Weldon & Associates Ltd
- • Achieved a CPPA Designation, Canadian Personal Property Appraisers Group.
- • AACI, P.App Designations, the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
- • Part of numerous boards, contributing to business and community development.
- • Completed ME201-000 – Machinery & Equipment Valuations – American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- • Commercial Building Inspection Course completed via Carson Dunlop Weldon & Associates Ltd.
- • Advanced courses in real estate negotiations, creative financing & property management
- • Business Administration Diploma, Appraisal & Assessment major, Lakeland College, AB.
- • Urban Land Economics Certificate, Lakeland College.
- • Business Management Program - Assiniboine Community College, MB.
- • Complete appraisals and building condition reports for commercial properties.
- • Conducting inspections and valuations of numerous industries including aquaculture and poultry hatcheries, dairies, cattle/horse operations, abattoirs, orchards, vineyards and wineries.
- • Valuing assets and leasehold improvements of numerous businesses.
- • Valuations on numerous specialized processing plants such as lumber mills, mines, oil and gas facilities.
- • Appraising development land, going-concern properties such as hotels/motels, car washes, restaurant, commercial/industrial warehousing, office and retail and right-a-way projects for government and lawyers.
- • Assisting clients with brokerage focusing on business entities and unique properties.
- • Residential and acreage appraisals.
- • Conducting reviews of Condo/Strata Documents for realtors, purchasers and law firms.
- • AACI, P.App and CPPA
Memberships and Affiliations
- • Appraisal Institute of Canada.
- • Canadian Personal Property Appraisal Group.